What’s going on with my current writing projects? Here’s my ongoing updates:
Encyclopedeia Magica: Vol.1 – Alchemy
- Quite a while ago: Asked Spirit for inspiration for my own unique novel idea – received it as I awoke next morning.
- Over a few years: Worked on my novel in starts and stops. I was also running two business startups and parenting four teenagers. Biggest struggle – finding the time and discipline to write consistently.
- More recently: Feb – GalaxyFest in Colorado Springs, where I attended a writer’s workshop and met full-time author Susan Lambdin. She became so excited over my novel idea (pun intended) that she offered to write the back cover blurb. Her enthusiasm acted as a catalyst and I started working seriously on my novel. Joined a local writer’s group, started participating in NaNoWriMo events, etc.
- April – Attended BarCon at Pike’s Peak Writer’s Conference. Met and got to pitch to my very first agent: Natalie Lakosil with Bradford Literary Agency in CA. She immediately got the vision and asked for the full ms – even though I wasn’t finished with it yet. This was a miracle.
- June – several revisions later, I finally finished my novel! After several rejections, I landed Natalie Lakosil as my agent in August. Honing it back and forth with her until we got it perfect. It’s a multi-layered never-been-done-before book.
- Natalie had the brilliant idea of separating the three components of my novel (novel, potions textbook encyclopedeia, and puzzle workbook). I’d written it all together. Once separated, we were able to work on each separate part, making them perfect. Then we re-combined them and finished the story!
Other Top Secret Writing Projects
- 2018: Playing around with several new novel series – shhh.
- 2018: Attended a Pike’s Peak Writers Workshop on Freelance Writing. After that I landed my first freelance client, and have been ghost-writing her four-book fantasy series. It’s amazing to be paid to write novels! Finished Book 1 by Christmas.
- 2019: Finished ghost-writing Book 2 by end of May.
- 2018: Needing income after closing my businesses and saddled with business debt, I started learning how to do affiliate marketing with the Wealthy Affiliate platform. Such a great community with lots of classes, training, tools and help from a friendly people.
My Uncommon Life
What am I up to? Several of these have to do with my writing projects.
- Learning to read and write Egyptian Hieroglyphs, along with learning all about Egypt, ancient and modern.
- Learning Astrology in preparation for the second book in my Encyclopedeia Magica series.
- Learning to use GetResponse CRM and email list tool for my author site – highly recommended by a successful business friend.
- Working my way through the Wealthy Affiliate training program, building my coffee site and my author site.
- Taking my 17yo son on a short trip or two to visit potential colleges, starting with UPenn in Philly.
- With my husband, training and preparing for our 3-hour hike on the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland this August.
- After my hip replacement surgery in March 2019, I’m starting back larping again this month – hooray!